Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Life changes

So the company that I work my 40hrs a week for had an "All Employee" monthly meeting yesterday. They announced the layoff that I knew was inevitable and it has got me thinking. I really have devoted a lot of my life to this company. And now I am faced with a possibility of loosing that income all of a sudden. I did not plan on loosing that income just yet, because I am not set up to pay the monthly bills with other sources of income.
Jim Rohn talks about the conditions of our economy and the events that effect our income. He says the same wind blows on us all. And he is right. We are all living in the same market and all have access to the same tools and opportunities. I view this layoff as an opportunity to kick me in the butt and get me going making a true living.
My wife sent me a scripture this morning and I would like to share it. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds., because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."James 1:2-6
These are those moments of truth that will prove to you what you are truly made of. Are you planted on solid ground? Are you tossed back and forth by the changing of the seasons? Do you have those moments that you feel like you can't go on? What do you do with those moments?
You are fearfully and wonderfully made. Paul talks about being filled with the same spirit and power that raised Christ from the dead. You may fail at certain things or events, but they only make you stronger if you are willing to accept that you were wrong.

Make your days count and move toward your goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment