Monday, October 19, 2015

My Daughter

I have shared this in the past and this is one thing that we have chosen to focus on here in the past year. I have a daughter that has special needs. We cannot figure out what it is that we are dealing with so far and have soaked up a lot of time and money into the research. It is very frustrating to have a child that means the world to you struggle to understand the world around her and communicate with others. I can tell she understands that she is different than other kids and feels embarrassed by it. I want so bad to take away those feelings and protect her from them, but I know if I do that she will never grow to be the leader I have asked God to make her. This may be the toughest task I have taken on so far in my life.
My wife and I have felt overwhelmed the past few months with things we are involved in and trying to accomplish. We are growing a lot from it but there are times when we have those feelings of just giving in and living a mediocre life. Most people choose this lifestyle by default. I will not become one of those people, I have been called to be great. I will not choose to set small limits on my life and I will accomplish great things. This is the same calling my daughter has as well, and I will not let this dysfunction rob her of her greatness.
If anyone wants to help me in this fight, please check out the fundraiser we have started to help in our journey to find the underlying issue our daughter is struggling with.

https://www.gofundme.com/n46zk9as

We thank you for all your support and I hope I can supply you with great content in the future to help you in your future endeavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment