Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Business (small)

I haven't been blogging in a while for a few reasons. Let me to you why.

  Priorities. One thing that I have learned from many key note speakers on personal development is that you need to stay busy. I am staying very busy right now and have neglected blogging about it. My priorities are based upon my goals which are based on my values and where I want to go in the future.

  So number one in my life is to maintain a healthy relationship with God and continue to grow in maturity in that relationship. That usually comes with more responsibility. And I got it; I am leading a Life Group on Friday nights and am part of the men's group at church. I was asked to speak at the retreat coming up which I now have to prepare for.
 
  I also have class Monday through Thursday. This is also a high priority but just behind family. With every day filled up until Saturday and Sunday afternoon, I have to be sure to spend time with them.

  One thing that I would like to point out in this blog is that I am starting to see changes and the effects of success. I am becoming a better person and it is starting to become evident. It is also easier to see the areas where I am lacking and need to give a little more time to.

  I had an idea about a small business that wouldn't be too hard and could make a little extra cash on the side. I bought a car. For all the investors out there that might read this, let me explain before you just disregard this. There is a new company out there called Relayrides. You can list your car for rent and the company covers most of the rest. My idea is no different that renting out a house or apartment. I bought a nice vehicle at a good price fully on a loan, and I am using someone else's money to pay it off. Of course I calculated insurance and maintenance in the formula too. So far it has been a big success. I am already booked for at least 80% of my cost through May. I am actually making money in March so I believe the next few months will be the same. It has only been listed for 3 days now.

 That is also another reason I have not blogged in a while; I was going through the car buying process. All the money we get from that vehicle will go directly toward the vehicle until it is completely paid off. Anything after that will just be residual income.

  I hope this inspires some of you to try to fill up your time with progress and to try something on the side that would benefit your pockets. I also want to say thank your for those who have been reading my blogs. If you could please leave me some feedback (good or bad) and I will be sure to learn and grow from it.


No comments:

Post a Comment