Monday, September 14, 2015

It has been a while since my last post and I have bee trying to get back into sharing my life. So let me share a little what has been happening.
I posted earlier that the intention of this blog is to provide the aspects of a Journey of someone aspiring to be an entrepreneur. This has been a rough road so far, but I know every second of my journey has been worth it. I have volunteered my time to so many things that I am now finding ways to limit my involvement in too many things and focus my efforts on my priorities. I do have a pretty full plate and it is teaching me a lot, but I do not believe this should be a lifestyle for many. Let me list out the things I am working on right now.

     - We are working on trying to figure out what is going on with my daughters development. She is behind in her speech and development by a long shot. We have spent a lot of money this year on her and would do it all over again if we had to. We have still not found out what the blockage is. We are looking into nutrition (which has helped), neurological treatments such as BIT (Brain Integration Therapy), and much prayer. Without a large income there is only so much we can do. DNA testing may be our next step. We have spent a lot of time and effort on her this year. And much of it by developing parenting skills.

     - I am a deacon at our church and that comes with a lot of responsibility. That involves carrying our pastors vision to the community. I am on the committee for developing our 'Lifegroups' and am also leading one. My efforts go into being a leader. People come up to me all the time and I see how I am viewed as a leader, but all I am doing is following the direction God is leading me in. I never knew what a blessing it would be to serve others in a role such as this.

     - I am now leading several men in a fitness lifegroup. I will be gathering everyone's goals and tailoring the training for the group with different levels of fitness. This is more like a physical fitness trainer. I will be giving out nutrition tips and setting up exercise goals for the week. This is exciting for me because it is something close to my heart.

     - I am still running a rental car business through RelayRides and am planning to add a couple cars to my fleet this week. I have been working on learning the market and supplying what it is asking for. So far I have been very successful and plan to keep it going.

     - I am still working on building teams for Genesis Pure and helping people with their health and their wealth. In the small pockets of time that I have, I am trying to fill them with presentations for Genesis Pure. That is going alright and I can see the level of success one could have if they truly invested the time into it. I still really enjoy this type of business.

     - I am now the Chairperson for the Inclusion and Diversity committee at our site for Siemens. I&D is a global initiative that strives to utilize a diverse culture to penetrate the market. I work on developing ways to include everyone at work regardless of their skill level or culture. I attend regional meeting in Houston with other Siemens sites to collaborate with.

     - I am working in another committee at work that in responsible for coming up with ways to retain good employees and find out why we are loosing them. Ultimately it is the lack of good leadership. I am responsible for giving a presentation to our executive management and then presenting to all management on site. This is a huge responsibility that I am afraid I am not going to be prepared for.

     - I am still attending school. I am busy Tuesday's and Thursday's for one class, and then most of Saturday for another. I am finding it hard to make time to study and get my homework done. I only have one more class after this to finish my AAS degree.

On top of all of that, I have to take care of my top priorities, such as my wife and my kids. So my service to God comes first and my service to my family comes second. That also includes my parents and my wife's parents. I will share later how I am working on all of this in a later post.

Thank you for reading. I hope to provide some valuable content for you later in the future. Until then take care and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment