Wednesday, September 16, 2015

3 days in a row!!

After a long stretch of time, I started blogging again. This will be my 3rd day in a row, so I am celebrating it. It is good to celebrated things in your life. It enables your brain to search for the positive things in life rather than the negative aspects of life.
Have you ever noticed those who are pessimistic never seam to be happy? They can laugh and even create bonds with people as friends, but you can tell inside they are truly unhappy. The base for their joy stems from self gain. That is so hard to achieve because it is not how we were designed. Well one aspect is: the fact that our nature is self gratifying and we are always looking for satisfaction. But we have to reverse that idea in our head that filling our desires with the wrong things always leads to a constant fight to fill it.
I have been working on a 21 day happiness advantage challenge by Shawn Achor. If you have never heard of him you can check out his TED talk here. He has done an extensive study on what makes people happy and has found a formula for reversing our minds to create a more positive attitude. At the end of the challenge you will have trained your brain to look for the positive things in life and therefore have a better base for happiness. Joy is the base for happiness and it always come from an external source. To serve others gives us a lasting fulfillment.

I have started the challenge but not finished it yet. If I miss a day on even one aspect of the challenge, I start my day count over. So far I have seen a major difference in my perception of people and my job. I have noticed a difference in others as well. Join me in this challenge an make a step to create a better world. If not the whole world then at least the world around you. And remember to celebrate even the small aspects of good in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment