Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Out of balance, lessons learned

I thought I better write another post about balance since I feel like I cannot keep up with everything right now. First of all I woke up late today because my alarm is not going off. So immediately I get a shot of Cortisone and already feel stressed. Not a good way to wake up. So I tried to switch my mood and started thinking of where I left off before I went to sleep. That wasn't good because I didn't get all my work done and got stressed about not having enough time to catch up now. Then nothing seemed like it was going in a good direction. Since I woke up late, I didn't have enough time to do my devotions, workout, take time to meditate or even make my food for the day and get to work on time.
But I was able to stop myself and think about my two little daughters and their smiles. My wife and life partner and how she supports me and our family. The support I have from friends I surround myself with.
Philippians 4:8 says "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."
Jim Rohn once said "Any man that can go to work everyday and still feel his kids hug and kiss; that man is unstoppable."
Although I am unbalanced in life right now, I will not let that stop me or slow me down. That is not in my plans and I am determined to keep moving forward and to succeed in life. I will use these moments in life as learning lessons and be proud that I could experience them and grow from them. I do know that I have too much on my plate and am trying to see every aspect of each lesson.
Each moment in life becomes another stepping stone to something. Let's all make sure the direction of those stones leads to a worthy ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment