Tuesday, September 15, 2015

So here is a short little blurb about my day yesterday.

I have been pretty slow at work regarding actual technical work, since that is what my job description requires. Yesterday I had 5 new assignments come in that are actually due this week. It seems like when it comes in, it is hot and a short due date. I don't believe we will be able to make it in this market if we continue to do the same things over and over.
There is definitely a lack of leadership here. A large majority of the managers we have right now are new and inexperienced. You can tell they are in it for themselves. I have been listening to Simon Sinek on leadership and have marked traits in all our managers that screams failure. So I have had a great opportunity here to be a leader to those around me. It is working out really well. I get a lot of respect from people here. People are really starting to look up to me, except my manager. I have learned that a great leader sacrifices himself for others and in business we have it backwards, we have learned to sacrifice others for ourselves.
I am working on building people up by telling them they are doing a great job and pick at some aspects that I believe they excel at. I have suggested to some managers of other departments that they keep an eye on someone because I believe they would be a great fit for their department and why I believe so. I have also started to see others doing the same, it must be catchy.

On a personal note, I am trying to diversify my income through Genesis Pure, RelayRides and Real Estate. I am picking up two more cars to start building a fleet and have a possibility of three GP meetings this week. I am aiming to get our new members building their teams this week. I am also listening to several aspects of Real Estate to analyze where I would fit in the best by using my gifts and strength.
My goal is to not have to rely on corporate for an income. As Jim Rohn says "I am making my wages with my full time job, but working on my fortune in my part time". I feel bad for people that are working so hard at their full time job and not getting anywhere. They spend so much effort in trying work for corporate and in the end will not be appreciated and end up loosing their employment.
Two of my old colleagues have passed away just recently. One never got the chance to retire and the other had retired only two years previously. It was a heavy reminder that I do not want to devote my life to a company that doesn't care about its workers. We are head counts to them not heart counts.

Anyway gotta get back to the grind.

Remind yourself everyday that you are worth it. You deserve more in life, so get out there and live.

No comments:

Post a Comment