Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Self Sufficient

I was raised in a way that could be detrimental to my success in running a business and at the same time be the only thing that keeps me going. I was raised to be very independent and self sufficient. This is probably why I learn things so fast and become good at anything I put some effort into. But being self sufficient isn't always a good thing. Let me explain.
One of my cars was coming back from being rented for 3 weeks. Before that trip, I decided to do a full tune up. While I was working under the car, I noticed the back tire was rubbing kind of funny. After investigating, I found that the ball joint was bad. Seeing that this would cost around $1200-1400 at a shop, I decided to take the challenge on myself. I had about 4 hours to accomplish this before the next rental. I had such a hard time with this, that I even had to call the renter and tell them I was going to be late. During the procedure, I strained my back worse than I ever have. I'm not even sure what I did, but it hurts real bad. I only got one side done and didn't even get to adjust the camber angle properly. So it is probably still eating away the tire.
I am supposed to be running a 15 mile Spartan race this coming weekend but do not think I will be able too. At this point I am very upset with how everything happened. It may have been better to take it to the shop and spend the money. I still can't decide whether it was really worth it to do the job myself. It is nice to have the skills to work on things myself, but sometimes it gets me into trouble.

Maybe you can be the judge of this. I am frustrated with the situation right now but am willing to move past this. I am still learning and sometimes I have to learn the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment