Thursday, October 1, 2015

Fighting for your future

So I haven't had a post in a couple days and I wanted to give an update. I haven't had any time to do anything other that what is on my schedule. One thing that I did not schedule in is time for homework. I will be taking some time off from work today to study for a test that I am not prepared for.I also have homework for my other class that I haven't started yet. I am going to stay up late this weekend and write down all my responsibilities and set priorities for each. I may have to bow out of a few things to allow time to focus on my tasks. Everything I am doing is moving towards a better future and sometimes is gets frustrating that it is not coming fast enough. But I always take a step back and find out that I am moving forward and making progress toward that future.
I am in the training phase right now and trying to grow my skills in several areas. Not really working on balance right now but I am realizing that it might be a mistake. I haven't jumped into a business just yet for the sake of finishing my degree. Once that degree is finished, I plan to fully invest my time into creating my future and retirement. It is an extremely tough time in life right now but I know I will come out stronger and better prepared to fight hard for a future.
I am so thankful that I have an understanding wife. I have not been home much these past few weeks and she has had to do a lot of work around the house and handle the kids. She is amazing and I am so blessed to have her on my side. I think she keeps our future in mind as well. It is the vision we share and it gives us strength each day to keep going.

I would like to encourage anyone reading this to make the most of your time. It is a resource we take for granted. Understand that the way you use your time counts toward something. I asked my wife one day, what do you think the rich do when they get home from work? Do you think they sit down and watch TV? They know that their time is an investment into something. If you are watching TV, you are putting value the media's pockets. You could be investing your time into your family or your knowledge or your health. Entertainment and relaxation has it's place, don't make it a large part of your time each day. Invest in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment